Sunday, 27 April 2014

what's new, pussycat?


Well hello Sunday! Here's some news if you haven't seen me banging on about it on instagram or twitter....so remember I told you I was working for practical publishing and one of the things I was doing was helping out a bit with the quilty stuff for Love Sewing? That has just been released and the first issue is in UK stores right now, so pop along and buy it....and the other (BIGGER!) news is I have a new baby of my very own. I am now editor of a not yet released and still very much in production phase magazine called Quilt Now. The first issue will be out in July in the UK (I'm hoping for some worldwide distribution too, but I'll keep you posted on that as the time comes).
Quilt Now will be very much all about what we are up to as quilters today. It'll be full of patterns for quilts and quilty things as well as other fun projects. It'll showcase modern fabrics and if you already follow me anywhere and you like the same kinds of things as me, then you'll probably like it. Or at least I hope you will. If you're in the UK you can take advantage of the pre-launch subscription offer of the first 3 issues for £5, just click here and sign up. It's a direct debit deal, but if you don't like it or it's not for you, it's ok, you can cancel at any time - risk free. Although I hope you won't cancel, I hope you love it (but I also understand we can't buy all of the magazines every month, all of the time - not if we also want to buy fabric and other stuff like paying bills and feeding our families. Pesky families). There will also be a digital version. I'll be wittering on a lot about Quilt Now as the months go by so you'll possibly be very fed up with it by the time it comes out, but it's my baby, I have a magazine, I get to choose what's in it and how it looks and all of those crazily exciting things. It's pretty amazing and I'm so excited about it (obviously!)
And I am taking commissions for projects - you can email me and shoot me your ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Enough about that - and onto fabric...

Pink Castle fabrics has 30% off all Japanese fabrics until tonight, use the code JAPAN30


Bobbie Lou's has 25% off everything in store until Tuesday 29th April using the code SPRINGCLEAN


Fat Quarter Shop has a spring cleaning sale on too! Whilst stocks last!


I can't begin to tell you how badly I want this bundle from Sew Me A Song.


I'm rather fond of this one from Sew Fresh Fabrics too


Simply Sweet Fabrics has some great clearance items

Like this bundle of strawberries


Lots of new stuff at Elephant in My Handbag. Is it too early to be thinking about Christmas?


This new cotton lawn in stock at Fabric HQ makes me go all tingly


New dressmaking fabrics in at The Village Haberdashery too - including this amazing nani iro


Classes are starting at Backstitch - so go check out the blog for more details! 


I'm going to mention the C word again. There's a new Christmas section at Simply Solids. Just in case you wanted to be prepared and all.


I'm off now, before I get abuse hurled at me for the double Christmas mention!

18 comments:

margaret said...

this new magazine sounds great, sorry did not buy the other one as it was in a sealed bag so could not have a peek! and really want quilting not sewing Hurry up july when we can get your own baby!

Kirsty@Bonjour said...

Very keen to hear about the digital version, so we here in Australia can subscribe!

Flying Blind... said...

And I was just pulling Christmas fabrics too!

Rosanne Derrett said...

Ere, missus! That's twice in a week you've sworn and used unspeakable words in public. Time to wash your mouth out with soap! ;)

Kay said...

I bought my first copy of Love Sewing, I like it a lot but I don't do dress making at all so am not sure how often I will buy it. Can't wait to see your new magazine, it looks more up my street. x

Jowyn Jenson said...

I bought Love Sewing. It is a good magazine, but shame about the reliance on tutorials already on the web and no new book project excerpts. I was hoping for more (not sure what). I'll keep buying it, because I'm fed up of the other sewing mag I buy.... I've also taken up the Quilt Now sub offer. I'm really looking forward to it coming out.

dolores said...

WhoooHOoooo....the little girl is all grown up....Miss Editor Dear!;) Glad to hear there will be a digital option for us over the pond!:)
Congrats girlie....your star is rising....hmmm....let's see if I can come up with a project or two!;)
xo

Izzy said...

OH! Katy how wonderful, congrats so much!!! on the editor job. Will be find the magazine here in USA ?? Izzy

Alisa said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations! Really looking forward to the digital version. I love your work and your creativity is amazing.

Katy Cameron said...

I have the subscription, you're lucky I took it before the Crimbo mention though ;o)

Sandra @SewofCourse said...

How exciting! And with a bit of luck I'll be in the UK when the new mag comes out, fingers crossed ;-)

mascanlon said...

How fun!! I will be anxious for the digital version. What a fun new gig Katy!

pennydog said...

Really looking forward to issue 1 :)

myBearpaw said...

So cool that you are an EDITOR!! Magazine looks great, really good luck with it.

DIane Warburton said...

Groan @ the Christmas stuff but YAY @ the magazine news. Go girl! That's extremely good and exciting for you in your life. All you need now is for 'him indoors' to stay well xxx fingers crossed

Jo said...

Great news congrats! Signed up for the subscription. How would I go about contributing?

Sarah said...

HUGE Congratulations!! Hope the commute isn't too horrendous :-( Off to subscribe and compose an email…

Kristy said...

Um...that is pretty freakin' awesome. Mad'am Editor!! Hopefully there will be worldwide distribution because we in the US want to see more of your amazing stuff. I might just have to take you up on your offer of commissioned projects.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!