Monday, 21 April 2014

mason jar pincushion

I blogged about these little pincushions I made from mason jars over on the Sizzix blog today. 



If you happen to be going to Camp Stitchalot this Summer I'll be showing you how to make one for yourself. They're super simple, and look cute (and are perfect for using up those precious tiny scraps of fabric we all hoard). I'm cutting kits from my scraps at the minute so everyone that goes will have a little piece of me to take home with them (I'm not sure if that's something people will be pleased with or not...take home a piece of Katy...it's not a big selling point is it? Sounds like they all get to chip away at me and remove a body part...)

The problem with them is they're addictive, you can't stop at one.


9 comments:

mascanlon said...

These are adorable....wish I was going to be there! I especially like the hexies!

Jess (a.k.a. Rosie) said...

What a cute idea! May have to try making some of these :-)

Flying Blind... said...

Well they certainly beat nail clippings as a souvenir!

Leigh Walter said...

Love these Katy!! I won't make it to Camp Stitchalot this year, but really keen to try and make it next year. Would be interested in your travel details, as in, which airline you are using, route etc... had a little look at flights from London today but didn't see a very direct route?? Is it a million hour journey?

SewPsyched! said...

Ha! You could make mock ups of yourself out of ginger bread and let folks go at 'em ;)

keptinstitches said...

I've been wanting to make one of these for the longest time. Thanks for posting the pincushion....it's encouragement for me to get one done.

kelly o! said...

ohhhhh, I have a ticket to Camp, but I've been waffling....guess I'd better check air fares again!

Kay said...

These are just fun and sweet, the perfect way to use up scraps and make great, quick gifts too.

Nicky said...

You are skinny enough they shouldn't be chipping bits of you If only ....FQR and FoQ will have to suffice!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!