Sunday, 2 September 2012

what's new, British pussycat?

Oh my Lord it's been a busy week for the UK fabric peeps. They've had all sorts of great new arrivals and their little shelves are fit to burst.

Alice at Backstitch had Aneela Hoey's Cherry Christmas arrive this week. It's great. A perfect Christmas line, and sure to sell fast (Christmas eve PJ pants in this print please).


Another new arrival is Tim and Beck's Bungle Jungle. I love this line on 2 levels. There are some simply brilliant basics like this print which are fantastic for stash building


And then there are the possibly the best elephant prints I have seen since...um...I think forever actually.


Those 2 prints together would make ridiculously fantastic pillowcases. As we are a little Christmassy (thanks to Aneela's Cherry Christmas) wouldn't it be a great idea to make simple pillowcases for wrapping gifts? Two gifts in one - a cute pillowcase and whatever is inside. I like Ashley's tutorial for  idiot proof pillowcase sewing. I've used it a lot and now that I've come up with that genius gift wrapping idea I'm going to use it a lot more for Christmas this year. 

Kate at M is for Make has had a bumper week of deliveries too - Field Study has arrived!!! It's no secret that this line is my all time favourite of Anna Maria's. I think it's amazing, and in real life it's even more amazing. This print is so full of yum, I am desperate for it as a dress, with accents and patch pockets in this leopard print


As well as the exciting arrival of Field Study (which is hard to top), Kate has had a couple of great prints from Dear Stella that I love arrive recently. The details on this print are gorgeous. I love the sketchy drawing and the newsprint collage effect.



Annie at the Village Haberdashery has had a super exciting delivery this week - the Liberty Lifestyle collection has arrived! This print was my favourite of all from quilt market. It reminds me of a dress I had when I was little. It's so pretty and dainty.


And all together as a bundle - aren't they gorgeous?


The Eclectic Maker has Oliver & S the ladies stitching club now in stock. It's a lovely collection, and a little different to previous Oliver & S fabrics, I think. This is a lovely print, that would be gorgeous for binding, and borders. I also love the button print. Actually, I really love them all. 



In other news; 
The winner of last week's Bella giveaway from BackStitch is (drum roll please) number 233, Jantine. Drop me an email Jantine, and I'll get your bundle in the post to you!


6 comments:

Michala said...

Wow, you're up early! I thought it was only me awake and off to work at this time. You've already provided me with sewing distractions too!

Di said...

Thanks for the roundup. Di x

Mrs Pixie said...

Love those little elephants :)

Cherie said...

Gosh soon I may be able to afford the fabrics I've been crushing over! =D

Toni Selman said...

Love the red lines with the elephants...just love!
Toni
www.lifeinapinkbunnysuit.com

Katy Cameron said...

Damnit, now I *need* new jammie bottoms for Christmas!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive