Saturday, 1 September 2012

what's new, American pussycat?

It's the weekend! Happy Holiday weekend to all of you celebrating Labor day, and what better to celebrate than shopping, right?

Ok, maybe not, but I like to shop and I always like to make up ridiculous reasons for it. My reason this week is Labor day, and also the end of the summer break (thank you Lord, thank you for bringing September around so fast and letting me send the kids back to school next week. yes, mama does need to go shopping to repair her broken soul from a summer of bossy kids)

This weekend Pink Castle fabrics have a 20% off coupon for anything in the store, valid until Monday. It's LABOR20
Bella by Lotta Jansdotter would be a nice little end of the summer treat, I think


If you're thinking about what you could use for the Spinning Stars quilt along then why not look at some of the blogger bundles in stock at Pink Castle? Or use fat eighths to make a lovely scrappy quilt?

And personally I think this Yuwa print (and the white version) are as essential as milk and bread.


But my most favourite new item in store this week has to be this bundle. It's 25 FQs, completely randomly picked, some are reaaaaallllly great fabrics (the pretties) and some are reaaaaallllllly not (the fuglies). It's a scrap vomit bundle for you to make your own scrap vomit quilt (minus the solids, you still to get those separately if you want to make one, fabric requirements can be found here), and it's super reasonably priced working out at under $1.50 a FQ AND you can use the coupon which makes it crazily cheap.
If you've been thinking about making a scrap quilt, but don't have the scraps, if you've been thinking about building your stash, then this is the bundle you need.
Katy's scrap vomit bundle. It has such a pretty name. I know I get hated on all the time for the name (seriously, I get more emails about that than anything else, I'm not joking!), and here's what it means - it's the emptying of all or part of your scrap box, or stash - random, blind, no planning. Vomit does not mean ugly, it means eclectic, it is not a bad word, it's a good word. Like unicorn poop - you think of rainbows, right? Well, there you go....here's a bundle of unicorn poop for you. Don't want 25 FQs? Brenda is listing a half bundle too. Just enter 'vomit' in the search box and you'll find both. It really is a great way to build up your stash with a heap of different prints, all randomly chosen for a great scrappy quilt. Let's embrace the emptying of stash contents and learn to love the V word, ok?




There are some great new kits in Fat Quarter shop this week. I love this one featuring Art Gallery fabrics. 


And this one featuring Little Black Dress


Over in the sale section this line is 50% off. It's Sweet on NYC from Timeless Treasures.
This cute bundle is only $28 for 16 FQs, which is a real steal. You can find the whole line here. There's a few prints I'd love to use for quilt backs - especially this NYC street scene. Such fun.


All pre-cuts (and that includes build your own fat quarter bundles) are 20% off this week at Lola Pink fabrics. The discount is already added to make it extra easy for you! This pick your own 12 FQ bundle is a great saver - you end up with an extra FQ free and save $9 (a total of 25%!) There are all kinds of great new fabrics in stock for you to choose from too!


Peg at Sew Fresh fabrics has more Michael Miller ta dot fabrics than I have ever seen in my life. This makes me so excited. I did a screen grab, but I still couldn't fit them all in. Crazy. The basics section is all kinds of amazing. You should go visit just to check out the basics. Also new in are Field Study, Bella, and Madrona Road


Becca, Peg's former partner in Sew Fresh Fabrics is the queen of all things Japanese over at Sew Me a Song. She's where you need to be if you're looking for any kind of quirky text prints, Japanese fabrics and that overall 'zakka' look. This bundle (texting while sewing) is just one of the huge range of fantastic bundles she has in stock. 




So many great sections with fantastic hand picked fabrics. I love how Becca is so careful and selective with her fabric buying.

That's the round up for the US stores this week, I'll be back tomorrow with the UK round up! 

20 comments:

DianeY said...

I was looking at your scrap vomit flicker group the other day and my hubbie came up behind me &glanced at the computer screen. It took me about 15 minutes to explain & convince him I hadn't turned into some kind of a sick weirdo! I will say he has become more careful about reading over my shoulder!
Wow! It's Saturday there and still Friday here - haven't even had dinner yet!

Janice said...

SO many fabrics that I want! I can't open the links to your scrap vomit bundle. You are killing me with anticipation!

Marian said...

I'm pretty sure Labor Day is an excuse for sales...and shopping...and I'm all for it. I'll celebrate any made up reason to buy fabric. And I'm also so severely glad summer is over. Though my little people are too little to send to school yet, my little girl (2.5 years) has decided to tell me when she will do things with a "not yet!" and a finger wag. Sassy pants.

Unicorn Poop made me laugh. I'm really enjoying this new feature, so thank you for doing all the research for me!

(I made a scrap vomit block today that has a square of Christmas Frogs in it...)

Brenda - justabitfrayed said...

I fixed the link :)

Charlotte said...

the name "scrap vomit" is one of the things that makes you fab ;-)

heart of charnwood said...

What can i say, you dirty, touting that scrap vomit bundle on the unsuspecting public, and unicorn poop, seriously???

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

I have no objection to the name scrap vomit, but then I'm Dutch so maybe it sounds less gross to me than to a native speaker. :) Was v amused by the Scrap Vomit fq bundle shop description. There were some really nice fabrics in the photo too though and the price is really great. Wish I didn't have an overflowing sv basket already! Love the texty fabrics from the Sew me a Song shop too!

Jessie @ Messy Jesse said...

Those new patterns in Fatquarter shop look great, love the texty bundles in the sew me a song shop too - will be heading over there now!

Nicky said...

There is definitely a little bit of a devil in you Katy - you keep tempting me.....

Ann Michelle said...

I love Bella... I've been eyeing over on the Fabricworm.com site. Excited to see it cheaper at Pink Castle, without the coupon! So heck if a deal with Tue coupon!!!
Unfortunately, the bundles are sold out and so are several of the fabrics. :(

Karen said...

Unicorn poop!? Both gross and cute if ever possible..gotta shop me some fabric now :)

Lynne said...

Thank you for all these links!!! I had fun shopping in my pajamas this morning.

diane said...

you, my dear, are such an enabler!

CathyK said...

Holy Crap! You make my day each time I read your blog entries!!! I love and appreicate your sense of humor AND your great quilts! Thank you for putting a smile on my face and inspiring me with great quilts!

Cherie said...

Gosh I sooooo need the Bella bundle!!! It will looks so great with my Echo prints, just have to wait a little longer before I can get it..=D

Anonymous said...

If you had named that scrap quilt anything else, I might not have made one. I LOVE the name, Scrap Vomit Quilt. Thanks for sharing.
cindy

Spoolhardy Girl said...

Unicorn poop. *snerk*

Gina said...

Mmmm, I might make myself a ' Unicorn Poop ' quilt . I could do that easier than making a Scrap Vomit one . I could never visualize myself watching tv with scrap vomit covering my legs ...but Unicorn Poop ,now that's a different story !

Laura said...

Unicorn poop!!!! I hope the next quilt is called that. I'm going to make one called 'Farting Stars' i think. Inspired by a tatt on someone's lower back. It looked like she was...

diegoagogo said...

Can't please all of the people. I have ALWAYS called my scrap quilts, scrap vomit.
I also call the spinning rainbow on my mac the "unicorns butthole" but that too may be tasteless.
NOT that I give a rats!! LOL
Thank you for the great enabling. Have a great weekend.
Lush

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive