Tuesday, 4 October 2011

a spruce up

So I had a little spruce up and jigged up the blog. I say 'I' but I didn't at all. It was this lady. She's super nice. Super helpful and super fast. And although it's vulgar to talk about the dollar dollar bill, y'all, she's really reasonably priced (I'm not going to say cheap - because to me that gives you the impression of polyester lace and thigh high boots and I'm really sure she doesn't have that look going on).

I need to get my 'about me' page sorted, but I'm not too good at the whole 'this is me' thing. I usually rely on John to do it for me. Don't you think it's hard to write a bio without sounding like a complete P.I.T.A? I'll work on it. Give me some time....

And because no post is much to look at without a picture...here's a sneak at what I'm working on. Blade after blade after blade. A girl can get sick of sewing these things (I'm kidding, I could sew dresden plates all day every day. Which is good, because that's all I'm doing right now).

blades

22 comments:

Tequilamonky said...

Aw dammit you've used my blog name.... well in part anyway ;-)

Alexia said...

it looks wonderful Katy! Love the new imagery!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love the new look!

Kwilt Noob said...

Looking good!

memmens said...

Looks much better from where I'm sitting, and you're right that about me page...
ps thanks for the great tumbler cushion tutorial, my boy will be receiving one for his 2nd birthday tomorrow - I love it!

audreypawdrey said...

It looks wonderful!

Flying Blind... said...

Oh I likey x

Megan said...

Lookin good woman! I'm going to have to bite the bullet soon, too.

Kristy said...

It's not like I know you in real life or anything; but this just seems so much more LIKE you.

Jolene said...

Looks wonderful! I'm all for this kind of look.

maria said...

Great new look, clean, simple and stylish.

Jodie said...

Looking great Katy. maybe a blog spruce up is not in the the too-hard basket after all.

Theresa said...

Oh ahh...pretty schmick indeed. Love the new look!

bulabean said...

I love it! Clean and simple :)

**nicke... said...

love the new look. perfect and simple.

Judith said...

Looking good...nice and clean and all.

sukie said...

Great new look sensei!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I'll write your "about me" if you like. Here goes. Katy is really tall and has lots of tattoos. She wears glasses like the 3D cinema glasses and is nice to some people but quite rude to me even though she is my friend but that's probably because she's jealous of me looking like Beyonce n all. Katy does sewing in her spare time and has two children, a husband and a rat, I mean dog. Katy wears leggings inside her shorts which are hard to take off when it's hot and you don't want to show your pants. Katy makes quilts but she hasn't given me one yet. I thought she was going to give me one for my birthday but instead she's giving me something brown and runny in a jar or a fanny pack made of pig hairs or both. Katy lives in the north of England where people say bath not bath. Yours sincerely, Mrs Goldsworthy of Derbyshire.

twin fibers said...

I love it, it looks great!

and Lynne's comment is hilarious! ;)

littlebluecottage said...

Love the new digs gurl. Lynn, I want to get to know you.

Seriously, really nice blog you got there!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Love the new look and Lynne's version of your 'about me'!

Sarah@PingsAndNeedles said...

looks wonderful Katy ... clean and smart and still a bit edgy ... You should just keep Mrs G's bio and not worry anymore about it! LOL

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive