Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Quilt Along - Block A instructions

Here we go.

Let's get this show on the road!

Block A;

Grab 49 different 2.5 inch scrap squares. Don't think too much about them, just grab blindly and hope for the best. If you start thinking you'll never get 49 squares you are happy with so it's best to just jump in feet first and get sewing.

Block A

1. Sew the squares into 7 rows of 7

Block A

2. Press your seams so they butt together - first row one way, next row the opposite etc etc

Block A

3. Sew your rows together to make 1 block. Press. Step back, admire your handiwork.

Then you have to do it all over again. Repeat this block for a total of 18 A blocks for the twin sized quilt or 12 A blocks for the big lap quilt.

I'm off to Houston next week for Quilt Market so I'll do the instructions for block B when I get back. That gives you a couple of weeks to make a start.

These blocks are pretty fast to whip up. You could chain stitch a whole heap of pairs and make up a few blocks at a time. That's what I'll be doing this evening!

For the next quilt along post I'l be holding a giveaway or 2 of something exciting that I pick up in Houston. I don't know what yet - some fab market goodies, that's for sure. So whilst you're stitching up your blocks think of a really good name to replace my (not so) working title of Scrap Vomit. Don't tell me yet - save it for the next quit along post.

Any questions or problems, give me a shout - either leave a comment here or email me katyejones at hotmail dot com.

If you need reminding what fabrics and stuff you need, the original blog post is right here.

I can't wait to see your blocks!!!!

Updated to include links to the rest of the Tute.....

Fabric Requirements
BLOCK B instructions
Strip Piecing Block B
Krista's anti voodoo chain piecing tute

12 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Have an incredible time at Market!

Tine said...

Have fun at quilt market!! Take lots of pictures!

Biff said...

Ooooohhh!! I'm excited to start but I haven't even started cutting squares yet! Me thinks I'm gonna be busy this weekend playing with fabric - yay :)

maree said...

Market envy but have a super time. And now to get to some squares:) Ciao

stitchsister said...

I am so jealous of your Quilt Market trip. Have a great time!

Leah said...

I keep all my scraps from the Quilting Bees I'm in so I may well use those for this quilt.

I too am off to the States (on Friday) but to Akron Ohio - possible relocation EEK!

Have fun at Quilt Market

Trash said...

Quilt Market Baby! You know, I am planning to live vicariously through you and B while you are there. Say hey to Kellie, Melly and Rosie for me if you get a chance please :-)

Lovie said...

Looks like fun, I will be working on this, as soon as I finish the quilt that must be done by next month.

amandajean said...

i'm eager to see how all your scrap vomit blocks play together. have a fabulous time at quilt market!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog from another friend of mine - Cherie, and I will be tuning in for sure! I'm a scrap quilt queen and love new and different layouts using my scraps. I probably have more scraps than regular fabric on my shelves --- NO not really, but bags and bags of scraps for at least 10 quilts. Have fun at Houston. Wish I were going this year. Dar in MO

Nathalie said...

this looks interesting and fun. I am going to have to give it a try.

Lisa Chambers said...

I am a bit late but found this on insagram and just love it!
Have started to make it, can't wait to see my finished product!!!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!